The Onco-Nephrology Advanced Nephrology Fellowship is a one-year fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, designed for physicians who are board eligible in nephrology. The fellowship provides further training in the nephrologic issues faced by patients with malignancy.
As a fellow, you receive training in:
- Management of chronic kidney disease in patients with malignancy
- Renal replacement therapy
- Palliative care
- Management of renal issues related to chemotherapy
- Drug dosing in chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease
- Electrolyte disturbances
- Tumor lysis syndrome
- Chemotherapy associated acute kidney injury
- Diagnosis and management of monoclonal gammopathy of renal significance
- Glomerular disease of malignancy and allogeneic stem cell transplantation
- Chronic kidney disease in cancer survivors
- Management of kidney diseases in patient with urologic malignancies
The Onco-Nephrology Advanced Nephrology Fellowship also provides you the opportunity for clinical research in the area of onco-nephrology.
The program is a nonaccredited one-year fellowship.
The Onco-Nephrology Advanced Nephrology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, began in July 2018. This program was put into place to meet the increasing demand for nephrologists with experience in treating nephrologic issues arising in patients with malignancy. We anticipate that one trainee will complete this program annually.