Mayo Clinic is committed to basic, clinical, and translational research that advances patient care. As part of this commitment, Mayo offers world-class clinical and research education.
The Clinician Investigator Training Program at Mayo Clinic provides a two- or three-year integrated, comprehensive educational experience for residents and fellows interested in pursuing a career that includes research within a robust clinical practice.
Clinician Investigator Training Program
The Clinician Investigator Training Program features:
- Access to Mayo Clinic's advanced diagnostic, therapeutic, and research facilities
- Opportunities to collaborate with one or more of Mayo Clinic's three hybrid centers
- A combination of clinical specialty or subspecialty training and research experience that leads to certification or board eligibility
- Formal training in clinical and basic research in preparation for conducting independent research
- Training personalized to individual interests
- A low faculty-to-trainee ratio and the opportunity to be mentored and trained by world-renowned faculty
- An opportunity to pursue courses in biomedical science, clinical research, and data science.
Those who complete the program are eligible for clinical certification. Many alumni of Mayo Clinic's Clinician Investigator Training Program have gone on to become leaders in academic medicine.