Pediatric Anesthesiology fellowships are offered through Nemours Children's Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., under the sponsorship of Mayo Clinic. Your one-year fellowship includes nine months of operating room, post-anesthesia care unit and pediatric pain service rotations during which fellows care for children undergoing all types of pediatric surgery.
Fellows spend one or two months in pediatric intensive care rotations. One month is dedicated to an elective of the fellow's choice. The remaining month is for vacation, educational conferences and opportunities to interview for a postgraduate position.
Specific areas you will cover during this fellowship include:
- General pediatric surgery
- Pediatric otorhinolaryngology
- Pediatric, cardiac, and neonatal intensive care units
- Pediatric cardiac anesthesia
- Pediatric neuroanesthesia
- Pediatric orthopedic anesthesia
- Pediatric urology anesthesia
- Pediatric plastic surgery anesthesia
- Acute and chronic pain management
- Pediatric regional anesthesia