The five-year Urology Residency at Mayo Clinic's campus in Phoenix, Arizona, provides a well-rounded clinical and research experience with exposure to all aspects of urology, including:
- Clinical proficiency in infertility, endourology, laparoscopic urology, neuro-urology, and sexual dysfunction
- Extensive clinical experience with both common and complex urological problems, including the evaluation and treatment of incontinence, reconstructive surgery, urologic oncology, and pediatric urology
- Comprehensive preparation for a career in clinical practice or academic medicine
- Close working relationships with focus on one-on-one surgical mentoring
- Strong didactic curriculum that includes a variety of conferences, lectures, and courses
From a research point-of-view, you will generate key questions that affect urologic practice patterns and develop the ability to answer these questions through carefully performed basic science and clinical research.
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
The Urology Residency at Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona began in 2004. We anticipate that three trainees will complete this program annually.