Department of Pharmacy (La Crosse)
The Department of Pharmacy at Mayo Clinic Health System — La Crosse employs over 60 individuals in the Southwest Wisconsin Region, including approximately 30 pharmacists, to provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient pharmaceutical services.
Pharmacy services provided include:
- Central pharmacy distribution
- Clinical pharmacy decision-support software
- Collaborative practice agreements
- Computerized intravenous admixture and unit dose dispensing
- Decentralized clinical pharmacy practice
- In-service education and other scholarly activities
- Medication reconciliation and discharge huddles
- Outpatient distribution
- Patient education programs
- Perpetual inventory control
- Pharmacist-led research and research support services
- Pharmacist-managed anticoagulation services
- Pharmacokinetic monitoring and management
- Pharmacy informatics and technology support
- Pharmacy, therapeutics and formulary committee support
A broad range of pharmacy practice work areas are available at Mayo Clinic Health System — La Crosse. As a resident, you are afforded a variety of acute care training experiences that focus on medication management and monitoring along with countless learning and teaching opportunities in a resource-rich environment.
Mayo Clinic Health System — La Crosse is a Joint Commission-licensed, 331-bed, community hospital located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and is part of the Southwest Wisconsin Region of Mayo Clinic Health System. Six additional communities make up the Mayo Clinic Health System — La Crosse Southwest Wisconsin Region. In the hospital environment, pharmacists work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary health care team to optimize patient outcomes. Pharmacists, residents and students are long-standing, integral members of a team that continually advance the pharmacy profession.
Mayo Clinic Health System — La Crosse has a large outpatient pharmacy practice that dispenses approximately 775 prescriptions a day. Patients are afforded comprehensive pharmacy from a team of trusted pharmacist and pharmacy technician experts.