Department of Pharmacy (La Crosse)
The Department of Pharmacy at Mayo Clinic Health System — La Crosse employs over 60 individuals in the Southwest Wisconsin Region, including approximately 30 pharmacists, to provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient pharmaceutical services.
Pharmacy services provided include:
- Central pharmacy distribution
- Clinical pharmacy decision-support software
- Collaborative practice agreements
- Computerized intravenous admixture and unit dose dispensing
- Decentralized clinical pharmacy practice
- In-service education and other scholarly activities
- Medication reconciliation and discharge huddles
- Outpatient distribution
- Patient education programs
- Perpetual inventory control
- Pharmacist-led research and research support services
- Pharmacist-managed anticoagulation services
- Pharmacokinetic monitoring and management
- Pharmacy informatics and technology support
- Pharmacy, therapeutics and formulary committee support
A broad range of pharmacy practice work areas are available at Mayo Clinic Health System — La Crosse. As a resident, you are afforded a variety of acute care training experiences that focus on medication management and monitoring along with countless learning and teaching opportunities in a resource-rich environment.
Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse, Wisconsin is a Joint Commission-licensed, 331-bed, community hospital, and is part of the Southwest Wisconsin Region of Mayo Clinic Health System. Six additional communities make up the Mayo Clinic Health System — La Crosse Southwest Wisconsin Region, including a location in Sparta, Wisconsin that provides transition of care services to the region. In the hospital environment, pharmacists work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary health care team to optimize patient outcomes. Pharmacists, residents, and students are long-standing, integral members of a collaborative team that continually works to better serve patients in the region while providing the highest quality service possible.
Mayo Clinic Health System — La Crosse has a large outpatient pharmacy practice that dispenses approximately 775 prescriptions a day. Patients are afforded comprehensive pharmacy from a team of trusted pharmacist and pharmacy technician experts.