credentialing exam pass rate (2015-2019)
The Radiography Program at Mayo Clinic offers the best of both worlds. You’ll train at one of the best health care facilities in the world and study a diverse population of patients and cases, yet be on a first-name basis with your instructors.
Our accredited Radiography Program takes a unique approach to education. We focus solely on the knowledge and skills needed as a radiologic technologist.
You can expect:
- Hands-on curriculum focused around labs and clinical training.
- Instructors that are not only teachers, but also experienced radiologic technologists. They’ll work with you side-by-side, and share their expertise from a variety of specialized areas within radiology, including breast imaging, CT, MRI, and surgery.
- Experience working in a variety of clinical settings, a Level 1 trauma center, and with an array of equipment and patients.
You’ll complete the program feeling confident and prepared for your first day as an entry-level radiologic technologist.
job placement rate within 12 months of graduation (2015-2019)
Explore what a radiologic technologist does
Radiologic technologists work in a fast-paced environment where their love for anatomy, patient care and capturing details collides. A radiologic technologist assists the care team by taking diagnostic images using X-ray equipment.
The Radiography Program (Minnesota) is an accredited program.
This program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Mayo Clinic and its affiliated institutions are members of the North Central Association of Colleges and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
See accreditation information for Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
Radiography Program (Minnesota) effectiveness data are provided in accordance with the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Accreditation Standards. Program effectiveness data includes program completion rate, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Radiography credentialing exam pass rate and job placement rate. This information is reported annually and may also be found on the JRCERT website.
The following is a general overview:
- Students will complete the program.
- Students will pass the national certification examination on the first attempt for examinations taken within six months of graduation.
- Students will be employed in the radiologic sciences within twelve months of graduation.
- Graduates will express overall satisfaction with their radiography education.
- The employers of our graduates will express overall satisfaction with their knowledge and job performance.
The mission of the Mayo Clinic Radiography Program is to provide a premier curriculum to develop patient-centered technologists who deliver the highest quality imaging and procedural services.
Program goals and objectives
Goal 1: Students and graduates will demonstrate professional development and growth. Student learning outcomes:
- Students and graduates will demonstrate professional behavior in the clinical setting.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of professional attributes.
Goal 2: Students and graduates will demonstrate competency in entry-level radiography skills. Student learning outcomes:
- Students and graduates will demonstrate clinical competence in producing images of diagnostic quality.
- Students will demonstrate safe radiation practices for patients, self, and staff.
Goal 3: Students and graduates will demonstrate critical thinking in the classroom, lab and clinical setting. Student learning outcomes:
- Students will assess the quality of images.
- Students and graduates will demonstrate the ability to adapt positioning for non-routine and trauma exams.
Goal 4: Students and graduates will develop effective communication skills. Student learning outcomes:
- Students and graduates will demonstrate effective verbal communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
This website was last updated on May 6, 2020.