Mayo Clinic offers a two-year Clinical Chemistry Postdoctoral Fellowship in Rochester, Minnesota.
Clinical chemistry applies chemical, molecular, and cellular techniques to the understanding and the evaluation of human health and disease. The results of these measurements and observations are relevant to the causes and extent of diseases as well as response to therapy in clinical laboratory tests. These data are converted into patient- and disease-related information at the laboratory-clinician interface.
Unique program opportunities include:
- Structured learning opportunities covering the breadth of clinical chemistry specialties, methods, and pathophysiologies.
- Diverse experiences in translational and clinical research, as well as quality improvement projects.
- Work in one of the largest reference laboratories in the nation, which provides ample experience communicating with providers, helping to guide test selection, and interpreting test results.
- Hands-on participation in the development and introduction of sophisticated new tests for immediate patient care and diagnostic application.
- Function as an "acting lab director" during the second year of fellowship. Fellows handle daily technical and management aspects of the lab while working in close contact with the laboratory supervisor and laboratory directors.