On average, 35 to 40 Mayo International Health Program scholarships are awarded annually.
Mayo International Health Program participants must be current Mayo Clinic residents or fellows who have received approval from their program director or dean.
Residents, fellows, and students in multiple programs are eligible to apply, including:
- All second-year or higher residents or fellows enrolled in clinical training programs at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Rochester, Minnesota; Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona; and Jacksonville, Florida
- Third- and fourth-year Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine students
- Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences students in nurse practitioner, physical therapy, physician assistant, pharmacy, or audiology programs
- Mayo Clinic Health System La Crosse-Mayo Family Medicine Residency trainees
- International residents and fellows
How to apply
Application materials and instructions are accessible on the Mayo Clinic intranet (must be logged in to the Mayo Clinic network).
Key materials include:
- Budget proposal
- Written permission from program director
The Mayo International Health Program committee selects award recipients each spring and fall.
Clinical rotations take place throughout the year and typically last from one to four weeks. Applicants are strongly encouraged to travel for the maximum length of time allowed by their programs.