Five positions are available on a competitive basis each year in the Pain Medicine Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
To be eligible for the Pain Medicine Fellowship, you must have successfully completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited residency and be board eligible in your base specialty.
Also see general admissions requirements for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
How to apply
The academic year begins in July.
Each year, applications are accepted from Dec. 1 through April 15 for the subsequent fellowship year.
The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted by April 15 of the year preceding the program start date.
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for fellowship applicants.
- Visit the ERAS for fellowship applicants website. All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials.
In addition, this fellowship prefers to have the following materials included with your application (but they are not required):
- Last two years of in-training examination scores
- Last two years of Self-Assessment Examination (SAE) summary for physical medicine and rehabilitation applicants
These items can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Appointments are made through the Anesthesiology Match, which is sponsored by the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). You must register for the match in addition to applying through ERAS.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interview sessions take place in June.