The Division of Plastic Surgery at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, offers a six-year integrated residency program in a collegial learning environment. Our emphasis is on surgical skills training, academic career opportunities, individual mentoring, and a curated didactic experience. Plastic surgery residents train with all 13 plastic surgeons at the Rochester campus, and multiple subspecialty services who work collaboratively in a group practice covering all facets of reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery.
Our program focuses on establishing clinical and technical confidence and maximizes opportunities for personal achievement in a supportive, inclusive, and academically rewarding environment.
Mayo Clinic's high faculty-to-resident ratio, large patient population, and state-of-the-art diagnostic, therapeutic, and research facilities combine to create a truly integrated educational experience.
As a resident in the Plastic Surgery Integrated Residency program, you have access to the finest teaching and the broadest patient care experience possible in a busy, hands-on training environment. You'll enjoy:
- Clinical rotations managing a diverse, high-volume, complex case mix
- Interdisciplinary collaboration throughout Mayo Clinic
- State-of-the-art surgical technology
- Personalized research and academic opportunities
- Structured, comprehensive, faculty-led conferences
- Dedicated anatomy and microvascular surgical skills lab curriculum