Two positions are available on a competitive basis each year in the Spine Surgery Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
To be eligible for the Spine Surgery Fellowship, applicants must have:
- Passed all three steps of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or three levels of Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX-USA)
- The ability to obtain a Minnesota state medical license
- Successfully completed an accredited orthopedic surgery residency by the appointment date
Qualified accrediting bodies include:
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
See general admissions requirements for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
How to apply
The academic year begins on August 1 and ends on July 31.
The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline listed on the SF Match website, a third-party application service.
- Visit the SF Match website to register as an applicant. Fill out a Central Application Service (CAS) application form, provide a set of required documents, and select our program for distribution.
- Appointments are made through the Spine Surgery Fellowship Match, which is coordinated by SF Match and sponsored by the North American Spine Society (NASS).
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty. Interviews are conducted between January and March each year.