One position is available on a competitive basis each year in the Surgical Pathology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida.
To be eligible for the Surgical Pathology Fellowship, you must have a medical degree with U.S. or Canadian specialty training in anatomic pathology and have successfully completed Step 3 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination.
Also see general admissions requirements for Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not process printed applications to this program. You must apply through Recruit, a third-party application service. No matching program services are used.
Mayo's academic year begins in July. You must submit a completed application form and all required documentation no later than Sept. 30 one year prior to the program start date. Positions may be offered prior to the application deadline.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (if applicable)
In addition to the standard application materials required by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, this program requires:
- A letter of recommendation from your residency program director. This must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommender will receive an email with a link to upload a letter.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Interviews are conducted through October each year.