The PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency in Ambulatory Care at Mayo Clinic Health System – Eau Claire will build on Doctor of Pharmacy education and PGY-1 pharmacy residency programs to contribute to the development of skilled clinical pharmacists who practice in ambulatory care.
This program will provide residents with opportunities to function independently as practitioners by conceptualizing and integrating accumulated experience and knowledge. The resident will incorporate these skills into the provision of individualized patient care in a variety of ambulatory care settings.
Residents who successfully complete this PGY-2 pharmacy residency will be prepared for advanced patient care, academic, or other specialized positions, along with board certification in ambulatory care.
The program provides the high-quality didactic and clinical experiences needed to create a well-rounded, fully-competent, clinical pharmacist. As a PGY-2 ambulatory care pharmacy resident, you will:
- Be mentored by a core set of ambulatory care preceptors who are dedicated to the resident’s personal and professional growth.
- Gain knowledge, confidence, and expertise in a variety of ambulatory-care related pharmacotherapeutics with flexibility to adapt based on professional interests.
- Collaborate with medical residents, physicians and mid-level providers, nurses, social workers, and other members of the healthcare team to optimize drug therapy plans and improve patient outcomes.
- Provide high-level educational presentations to enhance your presentation and teaching skills.
- Design, develop, and execute impactful research and quality improvement projects that apply to ambulatory care.
- Engage in precepting and mentoring activities to further enhance leadership and practice management skills.
- Have access to the resources of a large academic medical center while training in a smaller community setting.
The PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency in Ambulatory Care at Mayo Clinic Health System – Eau Claire is in candidate status by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). We are in the process of pursuing accreditation. One candidate will be selected each year on a competitive basis.