The Adult Neurology Residency at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, integrates extensive practical exposure to all aspects of current clinical neurology, with numerous opportunities to develop career interests in neurological education and neuroscience research.
Our program's vision is to create leaders in neurological practice, education, and research.
The four-year Adult Neurology Residency offers:
- Rich diversity of neurological pathology, ranging from common to obscure to previously undescribed
- State-of-the-art diagnostic, therapeutic, and research facilities
- Direct, graduated patient-care responsibilities throughout your training
- Comprehensive outpatient experiences
- Extensive clinical, research, and education didactic curricula
- Full-time, dedicated, and accessible faculty with expertise in all subspecialties of neurology
- Assistance and mentorship in achieving your professional goals
- Interdisciplinary collaboration throughout the highly integrated systems of Mayo Clinic
Accreditation and certification
Mayo Clinic's Adult Neurology Residency is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
After successfully completing this residency, you are eligible to take the board examination of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
The Adult Neurology Residency began at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester in 1919. Since that time, more than 500 residents have completed training in this program. Nine residents complete the program annually.
"I found it remarkable that a top program could function so collaboratively without any sense of competition. The residents treat each other more like friends than coworkers, and the camaraderie is genuine."
Devon Cohen, M.D.
Adult neurology resident
"We offer an unparalleled didactic curriculum, plenty of patients to see with common and uncommon neurological disorders, a strong belief in graduated resident responsibility, and many opportunities to teach and do research."
Lyell Jones Jr., M.D.
Adult Neurology Residency program director