Autoimmune neurology is one of the most rapidly evolving and treatable fields in neurology. As a destination medical center with a dedicated Autoimmune Neurology Clinic and translational neuroimmunology laboratory, our fellowship is a unique training opportunity for the next generation of neurologists.
The Autoimmune Neurology Fellowship is a one-year program at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, designed to provide an opportunity to participate in contemporary autoimmune neurology clinical management and translational activities.
Unique program highlights include:
- Individualized curriculum. This fellowship can be tailored to your specific needs and career goals.
- Outstanding clinical training. As a fellow, you will focus on the diagnosis, investigation, and management of autoimmune neurological disorders in both the inpatient and outpatient settings with neurologists who have international-level experience in the management of these patients.
- Combined sub-specialization training opportunities. Our fellowship can complement sub-specialization; combined training with a complementary neurologic subspecialty provides additional practice options because fellows acquire skills to diagnose and treat disorders with an autoimmune etiology that manifests neurologically.
- Abundant research opportunities. As a fellow, you will have the opportunity to work in the translational neuroimmunology laboratory, be an active team member in translational research efforts, and have access to unique data of patients with autoimmune neurological disorders.
- Excellent outcomes. After completing this fellowship, you will be positioned to pursue a cutting-edge career in academic neurology.