One position is available on a competitive basis each year in the Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida.
To be eligible for the Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship, applicants must have successfully completed three years of general cardiology fellowship training at an accredited institution after Residency training in Internal Medicine.
Also see General Admissions requirements.
How to apply
The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted by Aug. 15. The academic year begins Thursday, July 1.
You must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for fellowship applicants. No matching services are used at this time.
- Visit the ERAS for fellowship applicants website. All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials.
- Appointments to the program are made through the Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology (AHFTC) Match, which is part of the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) Medical Specialties Matching Program. Candidates must register for the match in addition to applying through ERAS.
- Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited to visit Mayo Clinic in September/October of the year preceding the program start date for a personal interview with the program directors and selected faculty.
Our program is also committed to the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), also referred to as The Match. Applicants will be "matched" to our program using the certified rank order list of the applicants and program director.
- ERAS for Fellowship Applicants
- The Match Process for Applicants
- Match Process FAQs for Fellowship Applicants
Programs invite applicants and conduct interviews upon review of their uploaded information in ERAS.
- Interview season: Sept. 2 - Sept. 9, 2022
- Ranking opens: Sept. 28, 2022, at 12 p.m. ET
- Rank order list certification deadline: Nov. 16, 2022, at 9 p.m. ET
- Match Day: Nov. 30, 2022, at 12 p.m. ET
- Fellowship begins: July 1, 2023