There are three positions available on a competitive basis each year in the Clinical Neurophysiology Electroencephalography Fellowship.
How to apply
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not process printed applications to this program. You must apply through Recruit, a third-party application service.
Mayo's academic year begins in July. You must submit a completed application form and all required documentation no later than March 1 the previous year. Applicants are encouraged to apply by the end of January.
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- All applications to Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education programs must include these application materials
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section (if applicable)
- Complete the Recommendation Request section (if applicable)
In addition to the standard application materials required by Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, this program requires:
- Three letters of recommendation. These must be completed in the Recommendation Request section. The recommenders will receive an email with a link to upload a letter.
Applicants considered for an appointment will be invited for a personal interview with the program director and selected faculty.
Interviews are conducted December through March each year. In recent years, the vast majority of interviews have been completed by March 1.
Note: According to the ruling by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, international medical graduates with J-1 visas are permitted to complete only one year as a fellow in clinical neurophysiology, as clinical neurophysiology fellowships are accredited for one year by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
If you are considering a two-year training experience, consider applying for both the Epilepsy Fellowship and the Clinical Neurophysiology Electroencephalography Fellowship.