The three-year Family Medicine Residency at Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida, offers you:
- An emphasis on treating the whole patient and thier family on an ongoing basis
- Unlimited access to the multidisciplinary J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver Simulation Center
- Innovation in the practice and future of family medicine
- Interdisciplinary collaboration throughout Mayo Clinic
- A sports medicine and a palliative care fellowship based in the program
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
After successfully completing the program, you are eligible to take the board examination of the American Board of Family Medicine.
The Family Medicine Residency at Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida began training residents in 1995. Since then, more than 85 residents have completed our program.
Our graduates are practicing in all types of locales, from underserved, rural areas to large cities. Each year, six residents are welcomed into our program.
Practicing family medicine in Florida is all about delivering comprehensive health care to our Jacksonville community.
Thomas Waller, M.D.
Family Medicine Residency program director