About the incoming 2021 class
Students come to Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine to pursue an M.D. degree with many different backgrounds, interests, and plans for the future.
2021 admissions and acceptance statistics
The students that make up the M.D. Program are proven leaders in their fields and communities, passionate about medicine and making a difference, and have a variety of personal interests beyond their career.
The 2021 acceptance rate for incoming medical students at Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine was 3%. 5,000 applications were received and of those, 174 students were offered acceptance. Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine enrolls approximately 50 students on the Minnesota campus and 50 students on the Arizona campus.
2021 admissions statistics for the M.D. Program
- Applications received: 5,036
- Applicants interviewed: 724
- Acceptances issued: 174
Class of 2025
- Arizona 4-year track: 41 students
- Arizona/Florida track: 8 students
- Arizona M.D.-Ph.D.: 2 students
- Total Arizona class: 51 students
- Minnesota 4-year track: 42 students
- Minnesota/Florida track: 4 students
- Minnesota M.D.-Ph.D.: 9 students
- Total Minnesota class: 55 students