About the incoming 2022 class
Students come to Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine to pursue an M.D. or combined M.D.-Ph.D. degree with many different backgrounds, interests, and plans for the future.
2022 admissions and acceptance statistics
The students that make up our program are proven leaders in their fields and communities, passionate about medicine and making a difference, and have a variety of personal interests beyond their career.
The 2022 acceptance rate for incoming students at Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine was 4.5%. 5,068 applications were received and of those, 224 students were offered acceptance to either of our programs. Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine enrolls approximately 55 students on the Minnesota campus and 50 students on the Arizona campus.
2022 admissions statistics for the M.D. Program
- Applications received: 4,681
- Applicants interviewed: 726
- Acceptances issued: 198
- Returning deferral students: 3
2022 admissions statistics for the M.D.-Ph.D. Program
- Applications received: 384
- Applicants interviewed: 69
- Acceptances issued: 26
- Arizona 4-year track: 43 students
- Arizona/Florida track: 6 students
- Arizona M.D.-Ph.D.: 1 student
- Total Arizona class: 50 students
- Minnesota 4-year track: 41 students
- Minnesota/Florida track: 6 students
- Minnesota M.D.-Ph.D.: 8 students
- Total Minnesota class: 55 students
"Diversity matters here"
median cumulative GPA
median MCAT score (98th percentile)
underrepresented in medicine relative to their numbers in the general population