Diversity and Inclusion
At Mayo Clinic, we’re committed to recruiting a diverse workforce (e.g., women, underrepresented in medicine, LGBTI) in order to provide the best care for our diverse community.
As a trainee, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of:
- Regularly scheduled Women in Medicine events, with participation by women leaders across the institution.
- Mayo Employee Resource Groups (MERGs) dedicated to diverse groups to allow for broader institutional engagement and interaction.
- The OUTList — an internal resource created by the LGBTI MERG that promotes community, visibility, and mentoring among Mayo's faculty, staff, and trainees by identifying LGBTI mentors within Mayo Clinic interested in being a resource for others.
- The Student National Medical Association and National Medical Association conferences, which provide a place for you to share and learn diversity and inclusion best practices.
- The Mayo Clinic Trainee Diversity & Inclusion Committee, a group that recruits and mentors applicants from underrepresented backgrounds in medicine.