Residents in the Internal Medicine Residency program love all that Mayo Clinic and Rochester, Minnesota, have to offer. We'll support you both inside and outside of the Mayo Clinic campus to promote wellness and ensure your work/life balance.
Destination Medical Center
The state of Minnesota has partnered with Mayo Clinic and others to develop Rochester as a global Destination Medical Center. This 20-year economic development initiative aims to create the highest quality patient, visitor, and community member experience in Rochester both now and in the future.
Current priorities include:
- Discovery Square. This 16-block sub-district is a science hub where world-leading medical practitioners, educators, researchers, and businesses connect.
- Heart of the City. The core of downtown Rochester, Heart of the City extends and enhances public spaces to create active and engaging experiences for residents and visitors with activities and events, hotels, restaurants, shops, and boutiques.
Life in Rochester
Rochester is consistently recognized as one of the best cities to live in the U.S. Residents love the small-town safety and conveniences paired with an array of diverse restaurants, entertainment venues, recreation spots, and activities for both families and young professionals. Visit Experience Rochester to learn more.
John McGivern's Main Streets: Rochester, Minnesota
Enjoyed by a nationwide audience, five-time Emmy award-winning actor and host John McGivern takes to the streets of Rochester. In this episode of Main Streets, you'll take a behind-the-scenes tour of Mayo Clinic's historic Plummer Building, dip your toes into the downtown music scene, and get an in-depth look into the heart and soul of Rochester's earliest days.
Mayo Clinic is committed to help your spouse and/or significant other find employment prior to your move to Rochester. This program, referred to as Accompanying Talent, is available to all matched trainees and has contacts with employers in Rochester, the surrounding area, and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
We offer opportunities for your spouse or significant other to connect with opportunities at Mayo Clinic as well as with external companies. Personalized support is available, including:
- Career counseling
- Resume writing and interviewing workshops
- Mock interviews
- Invitation-only networking
- Informational interviews or job observations
Life as a resident photo gallery
Explore just a few ways residents maintain a balance between work responsibilities and hobbies, family, and friends outside of the clinic.