The Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Fellowship at Mayo Clinic's campus in Phoenix, Arizona, has vast resources and offers a multi-disciplinary approach. We treat the full spectrum of complex benign and malignant gynecologic disorders using innovative multi-port and single-site robotic, laparoscopic, vaginal, and hysteroscopic techniques.
The program is composed of five subspecialty-trained surgeons in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, urogynecology, and gynecologic oncology in collaboration with two reproductive endocrinology and infertility partners.
As a fellow, you will provide care for patients with uterine fibroids, endometriosis, adenomyosis, chronic pelvic pain, infertility, uterine anomalies, abnormal uterine bleeding, urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and gynecologic cancer.
Highlights of the fellowship include:
- A safe and comfortable learning environment. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and values diversity in all its forms. We believe in a team-based approach and fellows will work closely with faculty, advanced practice providers, nurses, and allied health professionals.
- High-volume clinical experience. As a referral center, Mayo Clinic cares for local, national, and international patients with a vast array of common and rare gynecologic conditions. The department performs more than 1,000 surgical procedures annually. There are no inpatient or outpatient obstetric responsibilities.
- State-of-the-art simulation center. Our campus has two on-site simulation centers and a cadaver lab with time provided for hands-on didactics and cadaveric dissection lab.
- Robust research experience. Time is provided for the completion of fellow-led research projects leading to scientific presentations and peer-reviewed publications. Mayo Clinic provides statistics support, opportunities for grant funding, and a stipend for conference participation.
- Dedicated teaching environment. You receive mentorship and sponsorship from experts in the field and participate in educating residents and medical students. Our evaluation system provides you with regular formative and summative feedback to ensure you're well-supported and surpassing level-appropriate AAGL FMIGS milestones.
- Formal education curriculum. Time is provided for scheduled didactics and conferences. Self-learning is bolstered by structured educational sessions in which all faculty participate.
- Compensation and full benefits. Mayo Clinic provides a salary, benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, a comprehensive medical care plan, insurance programs, and a personal office.
- Fully accredited AAGL fellowship. Our program passes regular AAGL site inspections and continues to be fully accredited by the AAGL.
- Great location. Phoenix, Arizona, is known as the “Valley of the Sun” because there are approximately 330 days of sunshine, more than any other metropolitan city in the nation! Enjoy a safe and welcoming environment with many opportunities for outdoor entertainment.