Education Science and Scholarship
The Office of Education Science supports the discovery, implementation, and dissemination of educational best practices through the scientific study of learning, cognition, assessment, knowledge translation, and educational administration. We are a community of physicians, allied health staff, and professional educators dedicated to and engaged in education science and scholarship.
Recent milestones and outcomes
- Awarded over $1 million to Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science faculty in support of education science projects and career development activities
- Funded 62 research projects and 55 individuals through the Endowment for Education Research Award
- Advanced the careers and education research skills of 52 aspiring researchers through the Education Science Career Development Award
- Established an active and growing community of education scholars
- Recognized four Clinical Education Investigators for their substantial, sustained contributions to education science
- Hosted several visiting professors
- Hosted the first enterprise-wide Education Science and Scholarship Symposium
What we can do for you
We aim to cultivate a community in which education scholars can grow, thrive, and achieve highly productive academic careers. We welcome and support the involvement of early, mid-career, and senior education researchers.
We do this by:
- Providing financial support for specific research projects
- Offering a one-year career development program to build education research skills
- Facilitating community engagement, collaboration, and mentorship in education science and scholarship
- Encouraging communication, community, and collaboration across all Mayo sites
- Leading enterprise-wide education science events and other initiatives
Awards and funding
We provide support for specific research projects and for the development of skills and careers in education research.
All are invited to join us, in person or virtually, for our enterprise-wide education science and scholarship events and activities.
- Education Science Journal Club. Each month the journal club meets to discuss a published work of education scholarship. These sessions provide an opportunity to engage with and learn from other scholars, in addition to learning from the results and methods of the object of discussion.
- Education Science and Scholarship Symposium. This enterprise-wide annual event recognizes the research activities of our education scholars. It also promotes the scholarly community and provides skill-building opportunities.
- Education Grand Rounds and visiting professors. Education Grand Rounds is a monthly forum for colleagues to share best practices, integrate efforts, and explore new trends and developments in medical education.
Connect with us
If you’d like to learn more about education science and scholarship, contact email@example.com.