Curriculum and Assessment
The Office of Curriculum and Assessment leads college-wide strategic planning and operational direction for curriculum and assessment. As a team of professional educators, we use a systems approach while leveraging education technology and interprofessional teams to foster a learner-centered, data-informed environment.
Through an innovative and a growth mindset, we engage with Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science (MCCMS) to transform their curriculum and assessment needs.
Recent milestones and outcomes
- Facilitated the development and integration of curriculum to educate MCCMS learners on national health issues including opioids/pain management, health care disparities, diversity, and digital health.
- Established a college-wide curriculum and assessment system
- Created college-wide learner competencies standardizing learning outcomes
- Created school-level technology matrices leading to standardization of data leveraged by the Education Data Warehouse to produce data dashboards, data visualizations, and reports
- Standardized methods for curriculum and assessment to meet accreditation standards
- Lead operational transformation related to curriculum and assessment to maximize learning analytics and data visualizations demonstrating alignment with accreditation standards
What we can do for you
Whether you want to make connections, advance your career, or make informed decisions, we are here to support you. We support our community in three ways: curriculum, assessment, and education technology.
Visit the catalog to take a deep dive into curriculum, assessment, and education technology, including access to templates, practical examples, relevant technologies, and tangible resources.
Through backwards design methodology, we utilize a deliberate approach to curriculum by aligning people, process, and technology to provide timely data and feedback to learners, faculty, and leadership facilitating continuous quality improvement (CQI).
We do this by:
- Integrating strategies and methods which promote master adaptive learning, personalized learning, and the science of learning
- Deploying standardized processes and resources to assist schools with transforming their curriculum through mapping, design, development, implementation, and evaluation
- Translating curriculum and assessment-focused accreditation requirements for MCCMS and schools
- Developing curriculum focusing on the humanistic side of learning while integrating digital transformation to achieve an optimal learning environment
We provide strategic planning and operational direction to implement comprehensive and integrated assessments for MCCMS. We specialize in innovative, competency-based assessments, best practices in assessing learning, and faculty development to support best practices.
We do this by:
- Developing processes for learner-centered, portfolio-based programmatic assessments to measure student performance over time, inform educational decision-making, and improve student learning outcomes and institutional effectiveness
- Implementing assessment strategies aligned with curricular elements, select appropriate measures for assessing student learning outcomes, and ensure a meaningful approach with high-quality psychometrics
- Aligning formative and summative assessments with evolving curricula and changing internal and external requirements
- Educating faculty on best practices in assessing learning and improvement of student learning outcomes
To advance and transform curriculum and assessment, we leverage technology to facilitate teaching and learning, manage curriculum, and maximize learning analytics and data visualizations across MCCMS. We foster data-informed decision making for continuous improvement in education through the alignment of education technology to achieve curriculum and assessment goals.
We do this by:
- Leading curricular and assessment transformation aligned with education technology
- Facilitating innovative integration of emerging technology into curriculum and assessment
- Informing digital transformation of operational processes which align with school and college-level needs
- Collaborating with the Education Technology Center, Learning Solutions Center, and Education Reporting Analytics team to inform education systems enterprise-wide
Connect with us
Our team is here to support you every step of the way. If you’d like to learn more about curriculum and assessment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We also offer a consultative service. Inquire to learn more.