Take your online instruction to the next level
Online instruction and learning offer unique challenges and benefits for educators. The Education Technology Center, the Learning Solutions Center, and the Office of Applied Scholarship and Education Science at Mayo Clinic provide resources to teach in a digital environment.
Digital teaching fundamentals
See the resources below to streamline your virtual classroom strategy as you transition to online teaching.
- Emergency Remote Instruction Checklist (Quality Matters)
- Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start (ChronicleVitae)
- Preparing for Emergency Online Teaching (The Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Responding to Novel Coronavirus: A Faculty Triage Guide for Decision Making (Webinar, University of Maine)
- Virtual Class Now! How to Move Your Education Online in a Hurry (Educator’s Central podcast)
Virtual classroom options
Get an introduction to the Blackboard Collaborate application and other options for remote teaching. Learn how to manage permissions, share a PowerPoint file, use the chat, and more.
Blackboard course creation
Build out a full online course with your syllabus, reading materials, discussion boards, grades, videos, and more all in one place with Blackboard Collabrate.
Digital assessments and exams
Learn how to use Blackboard and other tools to administer assignments, surveys, and proctored exams for your students.
Training sessions and workshops
Find training videos and workshops for basic functions and advanced users.