Page Content

J-2 Dependents

Your spouse and unmarried minor children (under age 21) are eligible for J-2 dependent status.


The spouse and/or children of an exchange visitor in the U.S. may not work in J-2 status, unless they have filed Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service and they have received approval of their application for permission to work in the form of an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card from USCIS.


Your spouse and/or children who are in the U.S. on an exchange visitor visa may study in the U.S.