The Internal Medicine Residency at Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida, offers an outstanding experience in a collegial training setting that emphasizes academic career opportunities, individualized mentoring, and tailored experiences.
Our learning environment maximizes opportunities for personal achievement in a comfortable, supportive, nurturing, academically focused, and scholastically rewarding environment. House staff camaraderie and satisfaction are paramount, and you are an active partner in program innovation.
As a resident, you’ll learn systems and processes of care within the integrated Mayo system, renowned for quality medical care and national leadership as a leading-edge health care innovator.
Highlights of the program include:
- Personalized research and career development opportunities
- Diverse, high-acuity pathology in an academic setting
- A high faculty-to-resident ratio
- Unlimited access to the multidisciplinary J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver Simulation Center — watch our virtual tour to see it in action
- A cutting-edge electronic medical record
- Interdisciplinary collaboration throughout Mayo Clinic
- Comprehensive outpatient general medicine experience at locations including the University of North Florida Student Health Services, Mission House, and Veterans Affairs Jacksonville Outpatient Clinic
After successfully completing the program, you are eligible to take the Internal Medicine Certification Examination offered by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
The program fulfills the training requirements as defined by the American Board of Internal Medicine and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) with the maximum accreditation cycle of 10 years.
The Internal Medicine Residency at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, began in 1993. We offer 13 categorical positions annually.
From the prioritization of patient care, opportunities for clinical education and research, supportive faculty, and sense of community among the residents, Mayo Clinic is a great place to continue my training. Additionally, Jacksonville is an awesome place to live and work. With beautiful weather, endless beaches, an international airport, and a strong residency program, it’s the best choice for my medical career and my lifestyle.
Amanda McKenna, M.D.
Internal medicine resident
My goal is to help all of my residents use the vast resources of Mayo Clinic to tailor their own three-year residency track in internal medicine to meet their individual career goals. Residency is an apprenticeship. With outstanding faculty role models in every field of medicine — and a flexible schedule with plenty of time for research and electives — our graduates are highly competitive for their next step in life.
Michele Lewis, M.D.
Internal Medicine Residency program director