How to Apply
Class size and location
The Hospital-Based Massage Therapy Course admits up to 24 students every year on a competitive basis with 12 students per cohort.
The course includes two modules:
- Module one: Blackboard (online environment)
- Module two: 40-hours, in-person experiential learning and hands-on shadowing in Rochester, Minnesota*
*For the safety of our patients, students, and faculty, the on-site experiential learning component will be held virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Admission requirements and policies
To be eligible for the Hospital-Based Massage Therapy Course, you must:
- Be a professional massage therapist
- Have graduated from a 500-hour-minimum massage therapy program
Applicants are selected based on grades, leadership qualities, and representation of personal qualities in an essay.
See the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences non-U.S. citizen applicant's policy.
Application reviews are based on previous education, work experience, and an essay. The application review committee has the option to conduct a phone interview.
|Application window||Program start date||Apply|
|Applications are accepted through Jan. 10, 2021||
Feb. 8, 2021
Complete the following steps to apply:
- Create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- Select - Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences
- Select – Hospital Based Massage Therapy Course
- Complete each section of the application and submit
- After submission, view the required Supplemental Items and Documents
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- Essay is to include the following and beuploaded in the Supplemental Items section.
- In 500 words or less, share how you see yourself applying the content covered in this course and your vision for working as part of a health care team.
- Include any massage therapy professional licenses you may hold.
- Official transcripts from your completed 500-hour-minimum massage therapy program can be emailed from the institution to email@example.com or mailed directly to:
Attention: Shelley Noehl
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
The selection committee carefully reviews each application. Phone interviews may be conducted as needed.
Accepted applicants will receive notification via United States Postal Service. Your reply is expected within five days.