Your MCSGME onboarding package email via MedHub, our residency management system, has a number of onboarding requirements that you need to complete prior to orientation and program start date. Contact information for any questions of a required document is located in the Onboarding Document Checklist.
Before arriving for orientation
- If you have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number, email it to Rochester Provider Enrollment. If you do not know your NPI number, you can look it up by first and last name in the NPI registry.
- If you do not have an NPI number, apply for one using the NPI, CMS Identity, and Access instructions. When you're assigned an NPI number, email it to Rochester Provider Enrollment.
- If you do not have a U.S. social security number, you cannot apply for an NPI number. Complete the NPI instructions once you have your social security number.
Complete the medical or dental licensure process as soon as possible.
You'll receive an email regarding this process from Occupational Health Services within 60 days of orientation or start date.
You'll receive an email regarding this process. Complete this at least 45 days prior to your orientation date.
Schedule this appointment as soon as possible.
Initiate the online portion of the Minnesota background study prior to the in-person appointment with Human Resources.
Bring original unexpired documents to your in-person appointment with Human Resources (refer to page 3 for a list of applicable documents).
- Bring the original U.S. social security card to Human Resources during your in-person appointment for verification.
- International trainees need to review Human Resources work authorization requirements for further details if you're without a social security number.
Additional appointment information
- Men. Suit, sport coat, dress pants, dress shirt and tie, sweater.
- Women. Suit, blazer or jacket, dress pants or skirt, dresses, blouse or shirt, sweater.