Housing and Moving
The city of Rochester, Minnesota, has many housing options, including apartments and single- and multiple-family homes. Housing costs vary depending on the accommodations. More details are available under the resources section on the Campus and Community page as well as on the Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education Housing & Moving Document.
Special offers and discounts
- Several moving companies have contractual agreements with Mayo Clinic to provide discounts on services to incoming and outgoing Mayo Clinic fellows, residents, and students. View the list and learn how to receive a discount.
- A special three-month rate is available for a digital subscription to the Rochester Post-Bulletin. To obtain the special rate, register online or contact the Rochester Post-Bulletin at 507-285-7676.
Note: Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education does not reimburse or compensate trainees for any moving expenses or for the Rochester Post-Bulletin subscription.
Verification of stipend
Contact MSGMEVerification@mayo.edu for stipend letters to secure housing (rental or purchase) at all Mayo Clinic sites. Requests to this email can only be made prior to your start date with Mayo Clinic.
Other helpful links
- Explore Minnesota
- Minnesota Department of Transportation: Driver & vehicle services
- Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce
- Rochester Community Resources
- Rochester Post-Bulletin newspaper
- Rochester Public Schools
Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the sites mentioned on this page but provides them as optional resources.