Things to consider early:
- Your health assessment may be completed up to 90 days prior to orientation. If you're planning a visit to the Jacksonville area early, contact Employee Health at 904-953-2431 to arrange an appointment. The health assessment must be completed seven days before your scheduled orientation.
- While visiting Mayo Clinic for your health assessment, plan to stop by the Human Resources Office in the Vincent Stabile North Building, third floor to complete your Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form). (Follow instructions to schedule a Human Resources appointment.) You must present your original social security card and driver's license or passport. Do not visit Human Resources without the required identification. This must be completed prior to your scheduled orientation.
- Plan your visit to Mayo Clinic on a Monday or Tuesday to take advantage of the open studio hours in Medical Photography to get your portrait taken early.
Before arriving for orientation
- If you have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number, email it to Florida Provider Enrollment. If you do not know your NPI number, you can look it up by first and last name on the NPI registry.
- If you do not have an NPI number, apply for one using the NPI, CMS Identity, and Access instructions. When you're assigned an NPI number, email it to Florida Provider Enrollment.
- If you do not have a social security number, you cannot apply for an NPI number. Complete the NPI instructions once you have your social security number.
Required documentation must be scanned and uploaded in MedHub as high-quality, high-resolution PDFs. No cell phone pictures will be accepted.
Complete the registration application for the Florida Board of Medicine or Florida Board of Osteopathic Medicine. Refer to your appointment letter regarding your specific licensing requirements. Direct related questions to Julie Griffis.
You must meet with a Mayo Clinic occupational health nurse.
You're required to have your portrait taken before starting your training program. Plan to have this done in conjunction with your occupational health assessment.
Both Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications are required before orientation. Upload signed copies to MedHub.
You're encouraged to buy two white lab coats without elastic cuffs that will fit over your formal business attire. Your program's education coordinator can recommend retailers in the Jacksonville area.
Bring prior to orientation
Present your original Social Security card to Human Resources. If you have a social security number but have misplaced your card, or need to update it due to a name change, follow these guidelines.
- International residents and fellows without a Social Security number:
- You'll need to call the local Social Security Office and request an appointment to apply for a number in person. Generally, the Social Security Administrator recommends waiting 10 days after entry into the U.S. to apply for a SSN to allow their electronic systems to be updated with your immigration status. Upon receipt of your original card with number, you're required to present it to Human Resources.
- If you need to contact Social Security Administration, they can be reached at 1-800-772-1213 or at www.ssa.gov.
- In Jacksonville, the local Social Security office is located at 7185 Bonneval Road, Jacksonville, FL 32256. The phone number for the Jacksonville office is 877-409-8424.
If you plan to enroll your spouse or any dependent family members in your health plan, bring their Social Security numbers.
As your stipend during your program will be paid by direct deposit, you'll need to provide your bank account number and bank routing number during orientation.
Additional appointment information
- Men. Suit, sport coat, dress pants, dress shirt and tie, sweater.
- Women. Suit, blazer or jacket, dress pants or skirt, dresses, blouse or shirt, sweater.